Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
PDC geschwindigkeitsabhängig automatisch aktivieren
Smile 
(10.02.2020, 19:05)freddykat schrieb:
(10.02.2020, 14:04)Andre schrieb: Well, as I remember the problem is, that PDC is not on, until it will be startet (manually or by reverse gear). When it's on, the app will switch to PDC screen or show the popup (if there is anything to show). But in "off" status the PDC do not work, meassure distances etc. There is no "standby" or something.

And if I think of generally activating the PDC at speed lower e.g. 5km/h .. it will be on at each crossing. I do not know if this was nice?  Cry

Yes, its an "intermediate" solution. Almost perfect I must say. Smile

I think we should approach this problem dividing into 2 separate issues:

1 - Activation of PDC module: (if module don't make it by itself)
     Manual cars: Between 1km/h (as soon as it detects forward motion) ~ 15 km/h 
     Automatic: If speed is bellow 15km/h when in D or fall bellow 15km/h

-> The thing is that I can't confirm today if just by rolling at slow speed the front ones become enable or do we need to make a Reverse engaged first to have that 30 seconds activation on the front...... waiting for the module to arrive..... to have some results.....
If it activates itself bellow 30kmh (no reverse) we have the turning PDC on/off sorted out....... Smile 
Sad If not we need to simulate via IBUS the press of PDC activation button..... thus making the car thinking that we have turned them On manually as per the BMW manual. (see bellow BMW E39/E60 Car User manual, PDC operation segment ) 

Conditions for switching on and off PDC is switched on under the following conditions: 
- PDC button pressed (PDC switched on manually) 
- Reverse gear engaged (PDC switched on automatically) 
PDC is switched off under the following conditions: 
- PDC button pressed (PDC switched off manually) 
- Ignition switched off (PDC switched off automatically 
- After driving approx. 50 meters 
- After exceeding a speed of 30 km/h

This part im abording only the pure PDC part, the camera issue is aborded bellow:

2- Activation of the front camera:

If the PDC module activation by speed is possible then we should be able to use the sensor measured values to trigger/or not the front camera.

I think the lower threshold of 1kmh is good for the owners of manual trans cars because they don't have the D(or any forward switch to indicate forward motion) and 15kmh seems a bit high to park but is just an idea.
Another OEM function is that even in D and slower speeds then 30Km/h if we move more than 50 meters it will automatically disengage, so we need to take account for the speed and the distance we move...

Let us image some traffic situation or better heavy traffic, we bellow the upper 30km/h threshold but it is not difficult to drive 3-4 km in 10km/h situations... Sad
So the first 50mts we have PDC but after we have to engage it again.....

If: Speed < 30km/h & distance is almost 50.1 mt then "emulate" PDC button press to enable further 50mt......

I know it seems odd..... and was just an idea......

Hope it gives you some inspiration to solve this

Smile

PDC manual

Well, this was a very productive night of research.
I've been updating my NcsExpert and NcsDummy and found some "new" translation that can be useful for our goal.
The last translation doesn't have those fields identified and that's why only now I've realized some "extra" functions.
I've put some NcsDummy photos to make my point.

On this pic, we see an option if we like to turn on the PDC via reverse engaged or via speed signal

[Bild: 1.jpg]

This 2 variables about the speed I haven't confirm if the first table is the switch on speed like 1/2kmh

[Bild: 2.jpg]

On the other hand, this value is almost certain defined from the factory for the 30km/h that we've seen on the car user manual.

[Bild: 3.jpg]

This parameter seems to me that is related to the distance that even we do not cross the PDC speed upper threshold is from the factory the 50 Mt's

[Bild: 4.jpg]

Of course on the tables above, we only see values by model, ex. e36/e39/e46/etc, but using the NcsDummy guide provided bellow we can use some "custom values".
Let us think like this if we decompose the table into binary or numeral and found the "50" value we know that that specific value is basically meters.
So if we want some more distance until PDC auto disengage bellow 30km and 3km on heavy traffic seems reasonable, the adequate value should be 3000, representing 3000mts until auto disengage.

Also, I found by this new version of NcsDummy that we can have "custom values" to those fields that came only with "wert_01" etc...
A picture is more powerful than 100 words.... hehe

[Bild: 1-1.jpg]

[Bild: 1-2.jpg]

[Bild: 1-3.jpg]

I hope this is handy to you, and if more debug and test are needed please count on me.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: PDC geschwindigkeitsabhängig automatisch aktivieren - von freddykat - 11.02.2020, 14:23

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste