Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
IQ7039B Android Version Update
Hi,

I'd like to update the version of Android that my IQ7039B is running. I see that there are available firmwares HERE:  https://xtrons.ibus-app.de/index.php?tit...wareupdate

What is the correct process of updating to one of these firmwares for my radio please?

Thanks
(14.09.2022, 15:52)s1nn0n schrieb: Hi,I'd

like to update the version of Android that my IQ7039B is running. I see that there are available firmwares HERE: https://xtrons.ibus-app.de/index.php?tit...wareupdate

What is the correct process of updating to one of these firmwares for my radio please?

Thanks

Hi its just a matter of downloading the zip and extracting to a usb stick, once plugged into the car the headunit should pop up saying its found a update, I emailed xtrons for a update and they sent me a new firmware which downgraded from android 11 to 10 haha! Got the newest one for my unit from the link you show and went back to android 11. They have released a android 12 version now which looks identical specs but firmware isnt available for that.
[-] 1 Leute denen dieser Beitrag gefällt:
  • s1nn0n
(14.09.2022, 16:23)Bradmax57 schrieb:
(14.09.2022, 15:52)s1nn0n schrieb: Hi,I'd

like to update the version of Android that my IQ7039B is running. I see that there are available firmwares HERE: https://xtrons.ibus-app.de/index.php?tit...wareupdate

Thanks

Hi its just a matter of downloading the zip and extracting to a usb stick, once plugged into the car the headunit should pop up saying its found a update, I emailed xtrons for a update and they sent me a new firmware which downgraded from android 11 to 10 haha! Got the newest one for my unit from the link you show and went back to android 11. They have released a android 12 version now which looks identical specs but firmware isnt available for that.

Great, thank you! Hopefully the Android 12 firmware becomes available soon.
Xtrons Android 12.0 Octacore Xtrons ROM IQ-Serie [Qualcomm 665]

Firmware was there already - but you may probably not install an A12 on a A10 unit.
  • s1nn0n
(15.09.2022, 10:02)Andre schrieb: Xtrons Android 12.0 Octacore Xtrons ROM IQ-Serie [Qualcomm 665]

Firmware was there already - but you may probably not install an A12 on a A10 unit.

Interesting... The hardware of the Android 10/11 version is not exactly the same as 12? 

Who is going to be the guinea pig to find out if this upgrade works?  Big Grin
Sure, but on PX5 we got A5.1 / A6 / A8 / A10 => but needed to fit the "recovery" version first.
Give it a try but not sure if it simply do not work or kills the unit ;-)
(15.09.2022, 10:26)s1nn0n schrieb:
(15.09.2022, 10:02)Andre schrieb: Xtrons Android 12.0 Octacore Xtrons ROM IQ-Serie [Qualcomm 665]

Interesting... The hardware of the Android 10/11 version is not exactly the same as 12? 

Who is going to be the guinea pig to find out if this upgrade works?  Big Grin

Didnt work Smile
Sure, hardware was the same.
Also tried to install IQ A12 firmware on my IQ A10 - update started but aborted :-(
You only may use MCU 3.84 from this update. But can't found any benefits.
For the update I hope Alexey (maker of Hal9k) will fit his ModInstaller to be able to use it.
Just asked him about this.
  • Bradmax57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_xnp7eovQ

Check this video from M.I.C - but no idea if it works this way.
looks too complicated for me especially as I don't understand what he's saying Smile
(16.09.2022, 11:01)Andre schrieb: Sure, hardware was the same.
Also tried to install IQ A12 firmware on my IQ A10 - update started but aborted :-(
You only may use MCU 3.84 from this update. But can't found any benefits.
For the update I hope Alexey (maker of Hal9k) will fit his ModInstaller to be able to use it.
Just asked him about this.

Keep us updated please of any progress with hal9k or if you manage to update to android 12
Update works quite easy if you got an USB-A to USB-A cable and Win10 Laptop/PC. It takes just a bit longer as he tells in the video (about 3..4mins) and need patience since there happens NOTHING for a while in this tool and at the radio.. so stay calm!

There are some nice features like the "nightlight" and "extra dark modus" (which I'm unable to show since you can not see it in pics).
BUT there is also a lag in power as I found with "Geekbench5" - with A10 I had a multicore quote from about 1300, with A12 it's only 700..800. Single core quote remains at about 300.
So not sure it's worth it.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste