Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Avin Avant3 DSP stops after a few minutes
Hi friends.  I'm sorry, I don't know German.  I pasted a Google Translate version of this post below.

I have an Avin Avant3 in my E39 540i (Resler and BMW-IBUS were included with the device) .  The car started with Business CD/MID + DSP.  At first, DSP would not work, so I used NCSDummy to check the coding.  It already had "mid_basis" and "polling_timeout" enabled (as I expected).  But, I saved the FSW_PSW and coded anyway.  DSP worked after that!

However, it seems like the DSP amplifier turns off after a few minutes.  The simple solution is to close the IBUS app, and re-open it.  Sound comes back immediately after doing so.  On a longer drive, the interval gets smaller and smaller with time, so I must re-start the app more frequently.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks!

**Deutsch**
Hallo Freunde. Tut mir leid, ich kann kein Deutsch. Ich habe unten eine Google Translate-Version dieses Posts eingefügt.

Ich habe einen Avin Avant3 in meinem E39 540i (Resler und BMW-IBUS waren im Lieferumfang enthalten). Das Auto startete mit Business CD / MID + DSP. Zuerst würde DSP nicht funktionieren, also habe ich NCSDummy benutzt, um die Codierung zu überprüfen. Es hatte bereits "mid_basis" und "polling_timeout" aktiviert (wie ich es erwartet hatte). Aber ich habe den FSW_PSW gespeichert und trotzdem codiert. DSP arbeitete danach!

Es scheint jedoch so, als ob der DSP-Verstärker nach ein paar Minuten ausgeht. Die einfache Lösung besteht darin, die IBUS App zu schließen und erneut zu öffnen. Der Ton kommt sofort zurück. Auf einer längeren Fahrt wird das Intervall mit der Zeit kleiner und kleiner, daher muss ich die App häufiger neu starten.

Hat jemand einen Vorschlag? Vielen Dank!
Well, you've just checked this two point via ncs or did you a factory coding as we told Tommy?
If not, please do a factory coding. (Write an empty *.man file to the DSP)

You also may send me your read out fsw_psw.trc file[or the read out before and after factory coding] (andre@ibus-app.de). So I will check the differences.
Thanks for your reply, Andre!

It's actually working now.  I checked all the physical connections to the Avant this afternoon.  The main harness had backed out of the unit very slightly.  It doesn't have a very positive "click" for engagement, so I will keep an eye on that.

Regarding the coding:  I was fumbling with it a lot since this is my first occasion to use NCS.  I followed the instructions I recieved from Tommy (also checked some things from the BMW-IBUS Facebook group).  When I opened the first TRC in NCSDummy, the correct boxes were already checked.  I figured there was no harm in saving that to FSW_PSW as it was and encoding.  

After that, DSP worked.  Later on, I learned how to re-code a module from ZCS.  DSP works fine with the ZCS-stored coding as well.  It seems like my original DSP coding was corrupted at some point.  I had a Dynavin in the car for a little bit and I think they use some kind of secret IBUS manipulation to make DSP work, so maybe that was it.  Again, nothing was obviously changed when I looked at the first trace in NCSDummy.
Hi, I'm adding to this thread because I have a potentially related problem with an Avin Avant 3 in an E39 M5 with DSP and NAV.

I was able to use NCS expert to code "mid_base" (my car had "bordmonitor" set by default); "polling_timeout" was already enabled. This did not enable sound for me. I also did a factory coding (empty .man file), which reverted to "bordmonitor" - I changed back to "mid_base". Still no sound.

I needed to reconnect the factory radio in the trunk to the amp to be able to poll and program the DSP - with the Avant 3 connected there was no response from the DSP. When I reconnected the factory radio sound came out even without the original head unit installed (from the last station I had tuned the radio to before installing the Avant). After coding per the above and reconnecting the Avant, I again can't poll the DSP - the Avant seems not to turn on the DSP.

Any ideas?
Well, the I-Bus App do work fine?
Must be activated, also in menue DSP.
Please have a look in our wiki, point app setups: http://wiki.ibus-app.de
The AVIN itself can not handle the DSP, it's the app incl. the Resler Interface who do this.
(26.01.2018, 06:31)Andre schrieb: Well, the I-Bus App do work fine?
Must be activated, also in menue DSP.
Please have a look in our wiki, point app setups: http://wiki.ibus-app.de
The AVIN itself can not handle the DSP, it's the app incl. the Resler Interface who do this.

Yes, the I-Bus app works (unlocked and DSP license activated). I can seemingly control DSP from the I-Bus app, changing level, room, echo, balance, etc., but no sound comes out.

From the WIKI it says to check that the amp is getting voltage and a remote, which I suspect may be the problem, but I'm not sure how to check that.
Ok, just want to be sure that the app works fine. 

Well, we would check this via multimeter. 
Another option: read out the dsp via I**A, look at status if a source is set (Tuner) or will be set it you tap on "Tuner" in DSP-Mode of the app.
Also you see there, if it's on or not, etc.

And you may check there, if the DSP act like you change values in the app.
(26.01.2018, 12:45)Andre schrieb: Ok, just want to be sure that the app works fine. 

Well, we would check this via multimeter. 
Another option: read out the dsp via I**A, look at status if a source is set (Tuner) or will be set it you tap on "Tuner" in DSP-Mode of the app.
Also you see there, if it's on or not, etc.

And you may check there, if the DSP act like you change values in the app.
When I tap the "DSP" button on the I-Bus app it say something like "source set to Tuner." I can't read the DSP with IPNA or any other tool while the Avin unit is hooked up.

I have the older style 17 pin connector and I understand that pin 16 "ANT out" should be carrying 12V. I'll try to see if I can confirm that with a multimeter.
Just to close the loop here, it was a bad connection (one of several I discovered) in the connector between the long extension cable coming from the dash to the trunk and the adapter to the 17 pin connection to the amp. The amp now powers on correctly and sound functions as expected.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks for this feedback!

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste